1. I posted a Legolas/Gimli fic on the sneezefic list. Thank you for the bunny, Lady Korana. I haven't quite snapped out of writer's block yet but I'm on my way. Yayness.
2. I've been spending some time working on this Acefic I started in January. I've workshopped it twice at my writer's roundtable group and Tina was nice enough to beta it for me. It's in a good place right now :-) Yay for that, too.
3. My Tartan Day challenge at BookCrossing is going very well! More than 50 books released for it so far... of course, many of those were because of me, but that's not the point.
4. Speaking of the writer's roundtable... as of 9pm tonight, I am the new moderator/organizer of the group! So now it really is MY writer's roundtable group :-)
5. The Capitals won ANOTHER game! This means two games in a row! OMG we're on a roll! I'm going to the next/last game of the season on Saturday. I hope they can keep up their winning streak for it.
6. I found the following post-it note on the window of my car when I left the library tonight:
More of the yay! :-)
7. I actually have some more exciting news to post... but as it hasn't been publishd yet, I don't want to say anything yet. Okay, it's not a story or anything- so don't get TOO excited- it's something for work and it's really small.
So I was watching Yami No Matsuei last night and my mother came down on her way to the laundry room and I just had to point out the horrible English voice actors to her, which she got a kick out of. And she watched a little of it, as well. Which went as follows:
(I'm paraphrasing) Muraki : I'm doing it because of the one that I love. He will find me. My mother: He? (in a laughing-at-her-daughter sort of tone) Oh God, is everyone in this show gay, too?
I know she finds my, er, interest in this kind of stuff amusing, but I'm sure she hadn't been expecting it to be so up front with her. Usually she scolds me for reading too much into pairings like Sirius/Remus and Legolas/Gimli but when it comes straight from the source... *EG* She also gave me a "you need to get a life" when I was trying to describe how incredibly breathtaking and spellbinding Muraki is. He's sooo the sex.
But, hey, it's not all about the homosexuality... I watched half of Lady Chatterly last night (only to find out it's actually a 2 disk set- blast it!). Guuhhhhh! I'm so envious. I want a sexy Scottish gamekeeper who looks like Sean Bean with whom I can have a torrid affair! Mmmmm yes. Especially when he looks so nummy sans clothing. Boromir you naughty thing you! *gets urge to write Boromir/Faramir* Wait, wasn't I trying to make a point about something here? heehee My points can't possibly hold a candle to a naked Sean Bean with a Scottish accent :-) Dear GODS I was in heaven! Now where's disk 2? *checks mail*
On a completely unrelated note, my Caps beat Carolina AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! 2 game winning streak now! WHOOHOO! And the Canes are like, best in the division and we totally killed them. We're on a crack schedule now. We see two more teams and then we play the Canes THREE more times. Somehow the computer did a VERY bad job when it came to our schedule this year. Meeting up with them 5 times in, like, 2 weeks? Weird. But, hey, if we continue to kill them like we did tonight and last game, I won't complain. GO CAPS! Especially Bradly, who scored twice tonight and whose Mom isn't doing well so yay. Scored in her honor. Go him *huggles*
OH!!! AND one of my BookCrossing books is going all over the place! It was caught here in VA and taken down to Mexico! Then someone left it in Mexico and someone else found it and took it to Colorado and then to Michigan. Wow! How's that for a well-travelled book?! I'm soooooooooo excited about it!!!!!!!!
But I also really like this "Slash sickday" mug... and even though it's not my pairing, who WOULDN'T love a Snupin Whore mug? I mean, seriously, a Snupin Whore mug! "My ship does it with intellectual foreplay" SQUEE! Too cute. There's also a cute Slash-Happy mousepad I like.
Guh, I don't know what to get. Hrm. I'm currently leaning towards the plot bunny button and the "I'd rather be writing slash" sticker. If I still had a boyfriend I would TOTALLY buy him the "My Partner is a Sad, Sad, Obsessive Fangirl" sticker. He put up with so much squeeing from me :-) But I'm also sort of considering the "I've gotta have more cowbell" sticker... wish it wasn't so plain, though. Would it kill them to have a picture of a cowbell on it?
It's really scary what you can get on stickers, you know? LOL Yeah, I'm a freak.
On an only slightly related note, I bought a HP shirt from Hot Topic this morning. It's a Hufflepuff shirt on sale for $8.95. I couldn't resist. It's so cute!
SQUEEEEE! Went to Walmart to buy HP:POA- they had it for about $20. So then went to Best Buy and they had it for $16. Eee! Yes yes. Much better. And I started to leave but thought "Okay, I'll just check ONE more time". Every time I go I check to see if they have The Road to El Dorado. MONTHS I've been checking and today they finally had ONE COPY!!!!!!!! I was overjoyed. And only $15! (Price tag said $18)
This so totally rocks. So I used up the last $4 on my gift card and both movies together were only $28. Not bad for two DVDs I was dying for. Oooohhhh! I'm so excited! *happy bounces* Happy happy happy happy happy! Must go pay rent on storage unit tomorrow. I'm taking care of my boss' dogs again tomorrow and Friday. I love those dogs. Of course I spend hours writing out pet insurance claims on them, but I still love them :-) *snuggles the dogs*
Can't decide what to watch first, now. heehee! Remus/Sirius or Miguel/Tulio... obsessed with slash? No, why do you ask? LOL I went to 4 different stores yesterday looking for folders (they were sold out everywhere- wtf?) and Walmart was selling special 'Slash Inserts'. Little pockets that had a cut made so that you could insert CDs. Slash inserts. I giggled. Yes. That's what less than 4 hours of sleep and utter frustration reduces me to. heehee!
Contents of this journal include: sneeze fetish references and lots of hurt/comfort, short fics and/or WIPS, everything from gen and het to slash and femslash, everything from G to NC-17, random ramblings about my life and fandom obsessions.